Water Tight unv Mesh to Volume Mesh

2»

Comments

• I use TetGen for difficult STL. It identified two small areas with self-intersecting shells, which nothing will want to mesh. Once corrected it meshed fine.

• I added mam, but also no change mam.
  • During automesh 3d, i came through this error mentioned below
  • Choose yes and it'll show you where the problems are. It might be hard to see the selected edges, so adjust the view options as needed.
  • ok sir.
  • sir, once the stl file gets meshed, in the material definition, the geometry models displays shell/membrane instead of none. what should i do sir ?
  • afetr the messhing gets over, the dialog box displays the following prompt. what it indicates sir ?
  • edited March 2023
    That "h" bug should have been fixed in v17. So please update to the latest one if you haven't. Otherwise, could you send me the file to find out why it's still doing that?

However, it won't help the meshing and just show a generic error message.

If material properties require shell/membrane, that means the mesh is shell elements, not solids. You might have only a surface mesh.
  • Even the h bug displays, the stl file is meshed sir...
  • That sounds like it made the surface mesh (its first step) but failed to make the solid mesh from it for some reason.
  • no sir, i think both r done. moreover, the geometry definition shifts to none. once i get the results, i will let you know sir.
  • sir, will i be able to import the netgen mesh in mecway ?
  • Yes, you should be able to just open or import the .vol file in Mecway.