MAZARS (MAYBE REVISITED ?¿? ) material behaviour

Hi,

I have been looking over and extracted the MAZARS material behaviour available on MFRONT.
It is a model that has been requested several times on the forum and I thought it was appropriate to help and make it available even if it is a very simple test.
Its response has surprised me a because it does not look exactly like either the Original Mazars or the Revisited one described in some of François HAMON's papers.
It would give the feeling that the damage initiation surface is completely flat in the bi-compression sector.
I am attaching the file if anyone is interested in digging deeper or looking at his response in shear.
From what I have been able to test, this model is difficult to apply in practice for several reasons. It admits very little stress in tension and shear and the damage (D) can leave a sector without stiffness and mess the convergence easily if it is not properly reinforced.
I have tried some more elaborate models and I had to go to Explicit to solve them with the consequent computational cost.

NOTE: I have desisted from publishing any example of Unilateral Mazars . My results don’t make any sense.

Comments