3D model - all loads and constraints disappear after mesh generation

If I generate a mesh then all existing loads and constraints disappear. They are still listed as items in the design tree (in red) but are not shown on the model. The "What's wrong" diagnosis is, "This load or constraint is not applied to any nodes or faces or elements." This happens whether the loads/constraints have been applied directly to the nodes/faces/elements or to named selections. (The named selections are also reset after meshing.)
This happens even if I don't change any of the meshing parameters (i.e., just regenerate an existing mesh).
This is an annoyance for simple models but can be handled. However, this would be a major problem for complex models that have many loads and constraints, especially since mesh refinement is a critical step in validating results.
It seems that the loads/constraints need to be applied to surfaces of the model rather than to nodes/faces/elements but perhaps Mecway doesn't have this capability (or I just don't know how to do this).
Note: my model is an imported step file if that makes any difference.

Thanks,
Don C.

Comments

• Yes, apply them to surfaces in the Geometry view for them to be retained. When creating the loads, right click the geometry surface (or ctrl+click first for multiple surfaces), and choose Loads & Constraints -> ....

To change your existing loads to geometry surfaces, select the surface(s), then edit the load and choose that option in the dropdown box as shown in the attached picture.