Exporting results for posterior validation

Hi,

I am working on a project with other people and although I am a Mecway user, they are not.

I would like to send them the results (von Mises stress and deformations) for them to look at and keep for later validation.

Currently I have to do it by screenshots which is a hassle.

It would also be beneficial if they could have access to the whole problem definition (e.g. where forces were applied, material properties, bearing conditions, etc). Again, for later validation (e.g. 5 years from now, confirm everything was done properly).

I think what would be great is if the "free" version of Mecway could be used as a viewer, even if the mesh is large. I tried it and it does not work (it does not show the results), but it does allow to confirm the problem definition which is half of the solution. If I could export 3D the results somehow (e.g. to paraview) it would also be OK.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Please forgive me, it seems I was doing something wrong.

I tried using the "free" version again and Mecway works exactly as I was requesting, as a viewer.

Apologies and thanks for the great software!
    Ricardo
  • A technical report should solve you problem as well :-)
  • Yes, we do the technical report as well, but the idea is to ensure validation (in the future) that the FEA parameters used were as described in the report.

So for now I'm saving a copy of the mecway installer and the project file.