Tuned Vibration Absorber

I am trying to model a vibration absorber system as shown in the attached file. I need to cancel the excitation source. Has anyone done something like that? Any idea? Do I need to adjust the stiffness of the secondary bar and how would I do it in Mecway? Thanks!

Comments

• It looks like you're nearly there. Use a smaller time steps size to sample and simulate the excitation frequency properly though.

I'm not quite sure what your question is. Do you want to adjust the stiffness by changing the geometry of the secondary bar? You can do that with CAD and regenerate the mesh. Or are you looking for a process to determine the appropriate stiffness (E/length/thickness/?)? You could search for that iteratively.
  • Looks like the small bar is not merged to the round connecting bar? Should it be?
  • It's connected by bonded contact in the 2nd configuration.
  • The intention would be to vary the position of the masses or even to vary the mass in order to reduce the vibration of the main bar. As Victor said, it is necessary to have a higher resolution in the steps in order to cover the excitation frequency of the system. The initial step was to separate the Auxiliary Bar with its respective masses and determine the natural frequencies of this sub-system and thus vary the masses until obtaining a natural frequency of this subsystem close to the excitation frequency as the theory says. However, I am not getting a satisfactory answer.
  • Hello guys! I finally got great results with this simulation. I modified the auxiliary bar a little and adjusted the material and mass of this system. The file is attached.
  • I am very much looking forward to the release of the new version 14 of Mecway with the new improvements. Is there any forecast for this launch?
  • Hopefully in a couple of months.
  • Hi Victor
    That sounds great. We all are keen to see how the fantastic tool developes well.
    We hopefully get an C-virus-free Version 14.0 :-)