Pinned support not assigned to the right surface

Hi,

I am wondering if I'm the only one having this trouble. It is the second time that I'm having this problem in the last few months.

When I assign a constraint from the geometry, it sometimes assigns the constraint to the wrong geometry...

In the case I'm trying to work on right now, I'm trying to add a pinned support constraint to the surface selected on the first picture, but it always apply the constraint to the surface selected on the 2nd image....

I have attached step file and liml file.

Regards

Comments

• tried it, same issue.
    Strangely though, I read it in/out of a CAD package and it "fixed" the issue.
  • yes you are right.... The original Step was created from Solidworks....
    I imported the step file created by solidworks to Freecad and generated a new step using freecad and everything was fine then...

don't know if it is caused by Solidworks or Mecway, but for sure there is something weird that sometimes happens there... It is not the first time that I have this issue...

Thanks John!

• Fantastic bug report, ehoule! This has been a very elusive problem before but hopefully I'll be able to get it solved using this reproducible example.