Using batch file, script or something else

Hello,

My question may be raised and answered. I have a nonlinear static simulation in which the load value is changed in each run in order to see displacement. Having the load and displacement values, I can estimate nonlinear stiffness of the model.

How can I implement this do in an "automatic" manner? Thank you.

Comments

• Just realized that I can use time-dependent load in nonlinear static simulation. Is it a correct way to do that?
  • Yes, that's fine. If the response is independent of load history, then it's equivalent to many separate solves, otherwise, time just determines the sequence of loading so it's probably still suitable.
  • Thank you Victor.

Is it still possible to use batch file or script to automatically run separate simulations? Just to know an alternative.
  • There isn't yet an easy way to modify the loads but you can write an external script that generates a .liml file with the loads, runs Mecway using the command line parameters to solve and exit, then reads the solution, possibly from a .csv file.

Don't can use the internal Python API for this because it doesn't yet have a way to modify the loads or open a file.
  • Thanks again, Victor.
  • edited December 2020
    Here's some stuff that might help:

1) All file solver
    Will solve every .liml file in the directory (you need to set them up manually and then run the batch file)

2) Blind Iterate
    You can modify the python code to iterate over variables. For example if you want to iterate over larger and larger loads, in Mecway I would set it up like this

Then the python script will iterate over those variables in whatever way you define and solve the file. It saves the solution as a seperate file, but I don't remember if I have CSV output working well yet.

• edited December 2020
    https://mecway.com/forum/discussion/762/a-case-for-load-cases-folders

There's some discussion here about running batch jobs. If you want to take this further, Google "Optimax Matej", you'll find a free code that can automate running a job in batch using any DOS command, including the Mecway batch solve command. You can couple this with a Windows bat file input and vary the input files to run dozens of cases very easily.