Default component

Good day, I have maybe not to high FEM level question
but I work now with model and I don't have any idea how solve
simple problem.

I divided model for few smal components for simplified
work Computer work much faste then also.

When I work in one COMPONENT SET and I use option SHOW ONLY
(the rest model is hiden) and creat elements they disapire.
I know that they are in "default" component.

How to change the default group? I don't see any option.
Is it posible?

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• As I understand, new elements are always created in "default".
    If I use mecway to create elements I create them (in default). Then immediately I select these elements and generate a new component for them:
    a) Mark the new elements in default
    b) right cklick --> add elements to new component
    c) a new component with these elements is generated ( number of elements in default should be 0 again
    d) rename the component if required.
  • I assume that the MecWay works in this way.
    I Created model with about 100 000 elements.
    The GUI worked slowly, so I divaid model for few parts and hided
    most of model. via option - show only.

When I creat new element it dissapes. So this new element
    is by the default option added to the DEFAULT component.
    How to ceep this new elements in component wich is showed - automaticly. So, how to change curent component to default component.

Option to add components requier change the view and serch new elements. This can be tricky way - as now I work in that way.
  • edited November 2020
    Edit -> Create -> Element has an option for choosing the component. Most other tools that create new elements from existing ones (extrude, copy, etc.) follow the component of the existing element.

But Quick cube, Quick square, Plate mesh, Curve generator, Automesh 3D all only use the default component.

You might need to do what Hengre said and keep the Default component empty then move new elements to their proper component after creating them. You can do this even if it's hidden. Click the default component to invisibly select them, then right click the desired component and use Add elements.

It's possible to change which component is the default one by editing the .liml file and re-ordering them. The default is the first one.
  • Thank you for both answers.

I will do as you described. I am going to display default component and I manually move elements to current component. I have to remember to keep Default empty. At now I haven't done this.
  • edited November 2020
    In additional comment to my post and in connect to your description. I just found solution as is shown in attached print screen. It can be chosen at creating stage of finite element where it can be added - which component via select form this window. It is very convinien, a little unintuitive.

So, keeping empty default group is no longer needed.
    Thank you for support.