Memory used during calculations CCX and MecWay

Good Day Everyone. This is my first post, so please don't shoot me immediately ;).

I have model as below:
Elements: 57957 TET elements
Nodes: 93673

This is analysis in CCX with contact.

My question is: How tandem CCX and MecWay use/divided memory for calculation?

At the print screen is marked in red two values.
CCX use some memory and MecWay use some memory.

All is used in the calculations?

Comments

• Mecway doesn't participate in the solving with CCX so that memory is just what it uses for its internal data and things. If you're really tight on memory, you might need to save the model as .inp, close Mecway, then run ccx on that directly instead of with the solve button.

Another thing that's likely happening here is Mecway has a problem of wasting memory as you use it. I think it's caused by the undo history which keeps as copy of the entire model every time you make any changes and that can grow to several GB. Re-opening the file should clear that. The reduced memory use may not appear in task manager straight away.

• Thank you.

I thinking in the same way. I found that the MecWay ceep memory during work and add more in each operation.
    I planed to ask as a next question about run without GUI, but You give the answer befor qestion I write;).

CCX - it is possible to write imput in Python as a sequence of commend:
    -save model
    -run CCX
    -close MecWay

What hapend if I close MecWay during CCX work?
    Can I do this without affect on the CCX or it is possible only to run CCX by command line?
  • I think that would work. Or you could replace ccx.exe in Tools -> Options -> CalculiX with a .bat file that starts it. Then when you close Mecway, CCX should keep running.

Beware though that doing these things will lose some data that's not included in the .frd file such as components and named selections.