select faces of shell elements on one side only

So I imported a UNV from Salome Meca with groups of faces. In SM the faces have orientation vectors for applying pressure.
But Mecway treats these as elements with twice the number of faces, one on either side. To apply a pressure load we need to select faces on one side only. Is there an easy way to do this without reselecting them all using the paint selection tool?

Comments

• OK I got it. Put the item into a named selection or a component. Select the named selection then click on the select faces button. This selects all faces on one side only. Selection can then be inverted if necessary.
  • i believe that is a new behavior for v13. it lets you apply loads to the outside surfaces, since ccx does the solid expansion. if you want to apply a load to the midplane, like the old versions, you can do an element selection i believe. so it's a bit harder to use now, but has more flexibility.
  • @MartinB, you don't have to go through a named selection or component. Select the both-sides face selection, change to Select elements mode, then back to Select faces mode. It will be left with only the front faces selected.

@prop_design. That new face selecting in v13 is just for STEP files, allowing you to select either face instead of only the front.