Pressure generated formula - showing variable values

Hello.

Is it possible to show the values of the pressure that was generated by a formula on each finite element ( nodes or middle of shell )? How can I check before running the analysis if the formula that I created is correct or not ? I have it as an indicator from the variable size of the 'arrows' that describe the pressure on an area, but can I see some values so at least have a feeling that the formula is correct or not ?

Thank you.

Comments

• edited May 2020
    No simple way. But some workarounds:

(A)
    Save as a .inp file and you can see the node forces listed under the *CLOAD keyword where each line looks like this example:
    19 is the node number, 2 is the DOF number, and 90.02... is the force in newtons. You'd have to estimate the effective area of the node to calculate the pressure.

(B)
    Since it's a flat shape, support it on the opposite side instead of the edge and then the stress in the shell normal direction will approximately equal the pressure.

(C)
    Integrate the formula by hand and compare to the total reaction force in the solution.
  • Thank you Victor, but I could not find any *CLOAD or LOAD information inside the 'inp' file. I run the analysis but still, no Load information in the 'inp' file.
  • It looks like you saved it with the CCX input deck mesh only option instead of CCX input deck. It's easy to miss, I know.
  • Yes, you are right! Thank you!
  • ¿Would it be the same if you introduce the formula as a temperature?. Nodal values will be immediately showing the result of the formula at that point without the need of solving.
    Once the formula is checked, if it is correct you can supress from active configuration.
  • That's a good idea, disla. Yes, it shows the pressure.
  • Great idea!!! Thank you!