Issue Creating MPEG Video

I have completed a nonlinear quasistatic analysis (CCX) and have the results in Mecway. I can display and manipulate the results file as expected, and when I hit the "play" button on the timeline the time sequence of results is displayed just as expected. Unfortunately, when I select "Save Video to MPEG" on the timeline bar, it moves through just 4-6 frames then stops, and Mecway stops responding for several minutes. One time I got a "DirectX" error message, but I haven't gotten it again. After several minutes Mecway recovers and goes live again, but the resulting MPEG file is corrupted. I've tried closing all other programs, rebooting, etc., all with no change in behavior.

The model is not huge (125,000 tet elements), about 200 steps of data saved, and Mecway handles it easily for results visualization. I'm running on a 2019 Dell XPS15 7590 laptop: Intel I7-9570H, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Windows 10, Intel UHD Graphics 630 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 (4GB GDDR5).

When it stops the status bar in the lower right of the screen shows "saving video frame 5/210".

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
-Robert

Comments

• The video encoding is usually very slow. Some suggestions:
    • While it's recording, don't click on anything since that tends to stop the progress display updating, though it shouldn't affect the actual recording.
    • Set a shorter cycle time which reduces the number of frames.
    • Reduce the window size which reduces the time taken to encode each frame.
    • Use a 3rd party screen capture program.
    I'm not sure why it would create a corrupted file though.
  • Thanks Victor. Good suggestions. I'll try these ideas and report back.

-Robert