Warnings for Nonlinear Steel Connection and Welding line output

Dear Viktor,

I am performing a linear/nonlinear analysis of steel connection. While doing the non linear analysis am receiving a lot of warning messages during the nonlinear iterations. Could you please have a look on the model.
In addition after performing linear analysis could you advise why I am not able to see the strain values.
One more clarification after performing linear/nonlinear analysis of shell do you know a method that I can record the contact/welding line to perform a welding calculation.
Kindly find attached model and std file.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Those warnings like

*WARNING in estimator: Patch not appropriate for patch recovery,
    using average of sampling point values 37680

I guess are patches where the Zeinkiewicz-Zhu procedure doesn't work and it's falling back to something more traditional. It might be at edges but the numbers aren't edge node numbers so I'm not sure. Treated as node numbers, they're scattered haphazardly all over the mesh.

strain output is not available for shell elements with the internal solver.

Not sure about the welding line. Do you want to extract data like internal force and bending moment along the joint? A possibility might be to use Solution -> Surface integral to integrate stress over the edge faces.