Reflect Results About A Coordinate Plane?

Hello Mecway users,

I have been away from Mecway for a few years, and the capability in v12 with ccx is amazing vs. v4. Great work Victor!

Now my question: for making presentations to semi-engineering audiences I often like to "reflect" my symmetric model to show results on what appears to be a full part. Other software packages offer this by simply reflecting the current model (and displayed results) across a coordinate plane. You can then reflect a half-symmetry model to create a display of the full part. You can also reflect a quarter symmetry model once to get a half-model, then do it again to see the full part.

Is there a way to accomplish the same thing in Mecway v12 with ccx v2.16 results?

Comments

• Not in Mecway, sorry. Though you could use CGX to open the .frd file and the copy command with the mir option to display the solution in CGX. I haven't actually tried this but it looks like it should work.

To access the .frd file more easily, turn on Tools -> Options -> CalculiX -> Working directory Same as the .liml file before solving, or go hunting in %temp%/MecwayInstance?????????/ccx otherwise.
  • @rwhirley , you can postprocess the results and do the simmetry using Paraview.
  • Thanks for the suggestions. I'll try doing it with CGX and with Paraview.