Material Library

I just noticed there is a material library. Which version of Mecway was this introduced? Nice feature by the way, I'm going to set it up now.

Comments

• This was a feature that started as a Lab request. If you open a blank Mecway, define a single property, then save, you have your first property. If you switch around to the different physics, you can get "everything" in there - thermal, plasticity, etc. Once you have this, you can quickly create others using this one as a template file.
    The library can be more than materials. We use this for storing custom CCX, pre-made bolts (with preload setup), and a variety of other features. Anything you can save in a Mecway model can become a library element.

• Thanks John,

You have really made great use of this feature. I will tweak how I was doing things. Previously, I had templates and would import them with file import. I hadn't noticed the library menu feature until now. That makes it a lot more convenient. Especially the way you have it setup. I want to try and follow that.
  • It looks like the features I was referring to are new in the V13 beta. I don't see the same capability in V12. That makes me feel a lot better. I thought I missed this awesome new feature. I changed my files around to make use of the new library importing. This is a real efficiency boost for me. You could import files before. But the library aspect makes it a lot better.
  • The library feature was hidden in labs in V12
  • oh ok. thanks