Surface to Surface Radiation

Hello,

I've been doing a lot of reading in the CCX user manual and noticed that there are options to support surface to surface radiation by using *RADIATE and support for time varying view factors using *VIEWFACTOR.

Does anyone have experience setting these up in the context of MECWAY's use? Victor, are there plans in the future to support this physics mode?

Comments

• I hope to add a simple option to turn on cavity radiation in future.

In the mean time, here's an example doing it by hand. It's a bit of work, something like:
    1. Make the model using ordinary radiation.
    2. Solve.
    3. Open the .inp file and copy the *RADIATE card with all its data.
    4. Use search-and-replace to change Rx to RxCR on each line.
    5. Copy and paste that new *RADIATE card to CCX -> custom step contents.
    6. Also copy the *PHYSICAL CONSTANTS card to CCX -> custom model definition.
    7. Suppress the radiation which was only there to generate the data for editing.
    This would be much simpler if you could use a surface as described in the manual instead of a list of elements, but I can't get that feature to work.

I don't know about using *VIEW FACTOR but I would imagine it's possible by adding the card to custom step contents.
  • Thanks for the overview Victor, I'll give that a try.

As far as the *VIEWFACTOR card goes, I think this maybe called by the *RADIATE card when using the RxCR automatically but it's unclear to me from the manual.