Setting forces

I am having difficulty setting forces. My model imports fine from a step file. It meshs fine. Except the mesh pattern does not allow for accurate force placement. I want to apply a pressure on a disc but the mesh is too coarse because the load is not near an edge.

How can I add node points, ideally a circle, and Remesh?

Comments

• Normally what I do is to use an external cad program to split the faces where I need to apply boundary conditions, then the mesher will add nodes to this surfacs. Also, if the mesh is fine enough you could go in Mecway to Edit/Circle Selection to change the shape of the selecting area directly.

Regards
  • edited May 2015
    Hello dmh

A couple of options:

1) Add the circle as a split face using CAD software. Then the automesher will place nodes along its edge.

2) Move nearby nodes into the shape of a circle. Select the nodes around the circle and use Mesh tools->Fit to sphere/cylinder/cone. You might also need to add a local refinement in this region (under the Geometry branch of the outline tree, right click the .step file name -> New local refinement)and remesh to get enough nodes in that area. I don't recommend this method because the circle will be lost whenever you regenerate the mesh.

Edit: Thanks Sergio. Didn't see your reply!