Integration of MAC/GMC into CalculiX

Found this new paper about CCX and composite materiales:

"An analysis framework is presented that makes available multiscale analysis of composite structures using the open-source FEA solver package CalculiX CrunchiX (CCX). At the center of this framework is the coupling of the Finite Element Analysis - Micromechanics Analysis Code (FEAMAC) library from NASA's Micromechanics Analysis Code with Generalized Method of Cells (MAC/GMC) to allow micromechanics analysis. The results show that the proposed coupling can be used with appropriate care for multiscale FEA simulations of composite materials. The largest error reported in this validation was in a four-point bend test specimen with an error of less than 1% difference in the maximum deflection of the beam."

https://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/casi.ntrs.nasa.gov/20190029045.pdf

Comments

• I'd be very interested to find out more about this!
  • Somebody should create a magazine like for CCX news, something like the CODE_ASTER guys has
  • C_A is more "professionalised" community, with official pro-network etc. And solver is more "professionally" oriented (I still think CCX is awesome, but C_A has more developement and potential, at least for now), so I guess it's easier to make magazines about projects and stuff.