Point mass and rigid body in CCX

Victor,
I'm currently applying several point masses to a CCX analysis.
Could the internal Mass (loads & constrains) be translated into a CCX feature?
Alternatively, could the CCX custom element type dialogue include a point element?
Another alternative, could the element numbers be offset from 1 to allow user defined *ELEMENTS to be defined in the low numbers (to allow continued building of the model without adjusting the user defined *ELEMENTS in the CCX custom model definition).
Also I'm using *RIGID BODY to attach the point masses; could a rigid body be an additional CCX feature available for the right mouse button drop-down on a node selection. The *RIGID BODY definition needs only the NSET.
kind regards,
Tim

Comments

• Maybe related, can the de center of gravity computed also once the densities are defined??
  • Yes, I'll add point mass for CCX soon.

Center of gravity is going on the list but I can't promise.
  • Hi Victor,
    Thank you for the point mass confirmation.
    Is the *RIGID BODY possible?
    My top wish for Mecway is to define a *EQUATION statement, one dependent, multiple independent nodes. I define many *EQUATIONs in the CCX custom model definition (manually keeping track of the node groups is quite demanding); this custom definition is extremely useful, all the same.
    Tim
  • Yes, I intend to add rigid body too.
  • That's great, it's all much appreciated :)