Unable to apply Fixed Constraint on a shell element

I imported a .unv mesh and I want to apply fixed constraint on the whole mesh but the fixed support option is not activated when i select all the elements of the mesh. Am i doing something fundamentally wrong?

Comments

• Attached is the mesh, I want to apply fixed constraint on all the elements.
  • Hi, you can select all the nodes and then apply a cero displacement (three directions), to get all the elements fixed. But why you need to fix it all?

Regards
  • What I want to do is, place a cap on that geometry such that cap would be intersecting with above provided step file. I want to give contact between these cap and the geometry. I don't want the geometry to move at all, its a rigid surface, i want to study the deflection of the cap when geometry, with which its in contact with, doesn't move at all.

I have a doubt,
    Can a node, which is fixed, can be a master surface for the contact?
  • Yes, fixed nodes can be used with contact because it's done with elastic springs so it's not subject to possible conflicts of MPCs the way bonded contact can be.

But you should be able to fix only the surface, not the whole interior. If you fix the entire surface of a part, then the interior is effectively fixed too because no loads can reach it.