Node nid value changing on read

edited January 2015
I would like to create a separate XML file to add loads to my model. However, when I read in the liml file containing the loads the nid number being reference in the load file is changed after it is read in. To give a simple example. If I read in the following

0 N
45.54 N
0 N

After the above file is read into the file containing the meshed geometry, that file looks like this:

As you can see the nid is changed when it is read. How do I keep this from happening? THANKS!

Comments

• It looks like the xml code does not display on the screen. Attached is a screen capture showing the xml. Thanks!
  • Hello protontim

The node numbers in the liml file have to refer to nodes that are defined in that same file. Even if the node is defined, when you use "Load into model", it'll renumber the newly imported nodes so they don't conflict with the existing ones, and it'll update everything that refers to those nodes too so it remains consistent. I think this is why the numbers are changing.

Instead of using 2 files, you could put the loads in an existing file that already has the mesh, then it should be OK.
  • Simple enough. Thanks!