Circular selection tool

I cant get the circular selection tool to work, see attached two screen shots showing capture area and result. Is this a known bug? How do i get it to work?

Comments

• If you are trying to select all nodes within the circle, including the not visible ones behind the nearest ones, try turning off 'Show element surfaces'.
  • I'm trying to select only the topmost nodes within the circle, so have turned on element surfaces, it is the top leg of an angle section viewed from above
  • OK, not sure what to suggest. If you want to share the file, I could try here to do the same thing, see what happens.
  • File is attached for you try, its quite basic at the moment i've yet to refine it
  • edited October 2018
    Hello,

Victor it would be very nice if in version 10 the circular selection tool keeps the origin fixed when zooming so you can be more accurate on the radius without losing the initial circle center.

Same for rectangle selection tool.

Davefo the L stiffener is not properly connected to the cone. Activate open crack in the menu to visualize it.

Circular selection tool works fine for me.
  • It's sort of a bug when Show thickness it turned on because the thick shell faces can subtly cover the points where the nodes are.

Disla. Thanks for the request. That adds to somebody else who asked for it before.
  • sort of works. Turns out that if the surface is offset in toward the view direction it doesn't work either