Program features

Hello Victor,
first of all thank you for that great tool... :-)

Using Mecway I would have liked some additional features, so I ask you whether there are thoughts to add some additional Features in future.

a) when adding surfaces to new named selections it would be nice if a small inpiut field could apear to enter straight there a new name (instead of surfacexxxxx) . When I used a greater number of named selections they where listed in the outline tree. For each new one you have to scroll down to this item and use RENAME to change it. I feel most would prefere to give self-explaining names.

b) are there any plans to improve the posibillities to do mesh refinements by selecting individual surfaces, edges etc. instead of X,Y,Z, radius; element size.

Regards

Comments

• Thanks for the suggestions.

a) Somebody has asked for this before but it's become low priority. For now, you might find it a little easier to click it and press F2 instead of using the menu.

b) Again, yes, especially surfaces, but I haven't done it yet. Though you can do it at a node though the node right click menu in the mesh to avoid having to enter X, Y, Z coordinates.
  • CCX Solver output vindow

Is there any chance to suppress the solver output messages on screen. I am wondering, if it would give some speed increase skipping all the write statements?

Regards
  • If you don't open the solver window, or press Hide, it can be much faster because of not displaying those messages. You can just open it when you want to check then hide it again. I'm not sure if that's still slower than CCX on its own though.
  • Hi Victor, related to this issue, could it be the solver log be saved within the liml file? Sometimes one want to know why it has failed or time to solve after the window has been closed.