Problems to opn dxf files

Hi, don't know what can be wrong, but I'm trying to import dxf files (have tried with very simple ones as attached) and get this error message:

I have generated the DXF files with Solidedge, and with LibreCAD also with the same error message.

Comments

• Hi Sergio,

Your dxf imports OK for me (Mecway 9.0, 64 bit). I chose mm when it asked what units.

Dave
    dxf.jpg 63.2K
  • Thanks for checking, I will try to re-install, as I have the same version as you. A very weird thing because last week the dxf importing was working ok on this machine. Regards
  • Have uninstall/reinstall the new version and still cannot open dxf, the error is the same

• Have imported the lines in Salome (as igs), then mesh as 1D element and export as UNV and import in Mecway with the same error

• Have checked with other files (solid steps), and I was able to import the 3d model, but is not visible. After meshing the same error appear, so probably is a problem with this particular Windows installation.

One interesting thing that I found was that I was able to import the IGS wireframe (plane, because was an initial 2D drawing) on Salome and mesh it, then export as UNV to create an INP mesh with Unical. This could be usefull to import 3D wireframes as IGS and mesh it on Salome to following the preprocesing in Mecway, that sometimes cannot import 3d wireframes directly.
  • This error message indicates a new bug in version 9 to do with element orientation but I'm also not able to reproduce it. It may depend on what was already present before you imported the DXF file. Could you post that too?

A workaround might be to use File -> Open instead of Import then save as LIML and import that.
  • I have imported the dxf over an empty new file in Mecway, and the error appears. If I try open in place of import, I can import it and see in the tree that there are x elements (the number of lines of the dxf), but nothing in the model display area (even If I define a material with section properties).

I think that is a problem with the Windows display driver of this machine.

• That's even more mysterious. It almost sounds like two issues that might be somehow interacting. Would you mind doing these things to help isolate it a bit?

1) Clear all Mecway's settings:

1a) Make a backup of it from %localappdata%/mecway_limited/???/???/user.config

1b) Delete that file

2) Start Mecway and confirm that the settings are cleared by the title bar saying "Mecway (free version)" if it was activated before.

3) Record the whole process starting from before Mecway is opened using either a video or Steps Recorder . Steps Recorder is included with Windows. Type Steps recorder in the Start menu.

4) Reinstate the settings file.