load copmbinations

is it possible to have different Load combinations in a single file, i.e service limit state and ultimate limit state, if so how can this be done

Comments

• Hi Dave,

Configurations might be your answer, look this up in the manual. I haven't used them myself, only had a quick play. As far as I can see, changes to the mesh or any individual load/constraint will be applied to all configurations, which is not what you want to do. The manual says you can suppress loads/constraints in individual configurations.

I was able to add a force, which appeared in both configs. I was then able to suppress it in one, then add a new force (which also appears in both configs), then suppress the old force in the other config. Voila, a different force in each.

With things like cyclic symmetry, which is more of a very specific constraint, I think you might have to have the same constraints in all configs.

To get a new configuration, find the configuration tab at the top of the tree and right click. Have a play!

Dave
  • i'll try that. Would be useful if i could name the loads and have factors that apply only in the configuration instead of having to create new loads etc.