Which HW configuration

Hi.
I'm working with a model non-linear analysis. The time bar is very slow to update the results. I don't know if depends from my hardware (i7 6700 - 16Gb RAM - Nvidia Quadro2000) or is a common problem (model 31356 nodes shell elements)

Comments

• edited May 2018
    It sounds normal. but some display settings can slow it down a lot:
    • Tools -> Options -> Contour plot -> Resolution at either of the top two settings.
    • In case they're still 2D shells, not CCX's 3D solids, Show thickness. This triples the number of faces it displays for shells.
    • Moving the mouse over the graphics area while it's animating.
    I tried a similar size mesh on a lower spec computer and the best it did was about 3 frames/second animating with the time slider. Shell structures are pretty tough on the graphics because there are no hidden internal elements that would ignored on a typical solid mesh.

EDIT: Tools -> Options -> Contour plot -> Gradient is faster than Banded. I get about 5 FPS with that on the same model.
  • One thing that I do in some cases is reduce the quatity of datasets that CCX saves, so by example 1 every 2, or 1 evry 5 in some cases or less. This reduce the global size of the result file. Use the FREQUENCY parameter on the NODE FILE card:

"FREQUENCY applies to nonlinear calculations where a step can consist
    of several increments. Default is FREQUENCY=1, which indicates that the
    results of all increments will be stored. FREQUENCY=N with N an integer
    indicates that the results of every Nth increment will be stored. The final re-
    sults of a step are always stored. If you only want the final results, choose
    N very big. "
  • Just in case, make sure you are not executing Mecway with the integrated graphics HD Intel® 530.