Some Proposal for your consideration

Victor

Would it be possible for you to enable nodes to be selected while in the equation constraint dialog box. Like you can when selecting the nodes for an element.
I think this would greatly speed up and simplify the generation of the constraint equations.

Similarly if you could click on a node or element and query the properties then without closing the properties box be able to change the selection would be a good improvement.

Also if the scale bar had the sliders at top and bottom when ever the min and max were manually entered would be useful, especially when you get an unusual stress concentration like in the attached picture. Note the auto max and min values due to what i assume is an incorrect concentrated stress. Comparing this with the majority of the stress values, it would be beneficial if the sliders were at the top and bottom when either the max and min values are manually entered or when the element with the peek stress was not currently visible. see the amount of stress levels outside of the visible mx and min in image 2

Could be useful to have a built in text editor for changing the liml file directly or plug in/link for using external editor like notepad++ or similar.

Regards 

Comments

• Thanks for those suggestions. The first two I've added to my list but can't promise when.

As for the max/min sliders, I don't quite understand what's wrong with the sliders not being at the top and bottom. Is it that sometimes they're so close together that it's hard/impossible to slide them short distances? In your 2nd image it still looks reasonable. I know that having to cut off a large chunk of the stress range is a common issue and the sliders sometimes end up right next to each other so you can't slide them anymore.

I'm reluctant to add a special liml file editing tool since it'll open up a whole new class of problems and I'd rather just improve the UI so you don't need to do that in the first place. Editing equations and deleting loads in bulk are a couple of things that still need improvement in the UI. Is there anything else you want to edit the liml file manually for?

• Multiple material assignment could be a good candidate for liml manual editing.
  • Victor

Yes is mainly the loss of range when there is a peak stress somewhere. I thought it would be useful to have the full slider range, whatever the range you set. Especially if you have hidden parts that have the concentrated peak value.

Re the liml editor I just thought it might be easier some times to cut and paste selections of nodes and settings etc.

I can see your point though that it can cause problems if your not careful.

• I still don't understand the need for full slider range after setting the max/min. Can you show an example? The example above looks fine without full range, doesn't it?