Default name for meshed components from step files

Hi Victor, I'm working in a complex assembly and is getting dificult to track the names of the meshes (components) against the part's names on the assembly. Guess that would be nice if the meshes receive by default the same name as the step file in place of the actul meshed_geometry_99. Maybe there has to be some tweak to remove the possible spaces in the name of the step file.

Other way to reinforce the relationship would add the step as a sub-branch of the mesh on the model tree.

Regards!

Comments

• It certainly would. I'm not sure why they don't already use the file's name but that's definitely something for me to look at improving.
  • Great!
  • Also when working with big assemblies would be great to have the possibility of select not only nodes/faces/elements but also components on the graphic window (maybe in meshing mode and also in geometry mode). I need to hide some of them and as they don't have precise name I must try on the three to figurate the ones.
  • Another good feature would be that the first step/igs/stl mesh be the "default component" . Now this default component is always empty for my models unless I manually move the elements (but guess that loosing asociativity).
  • That default component causes a lot of problems. I wouldn't mind getting rid of it entirely and have a component generated on the fly when it's first needed. A lot of implications for that though.