Option to "kill" CCX from Mecway

edited July 2016
Hi Victor, sometimes I run simulations with CCX and it makes a lot of iterations and it's reach a point where I know that it will not converge at all, so, if I want to finish the calculation I have to go to the task manager and kill the CCX task. Then the gui became green and it import the unfinished result data.

Otherwise, if I use the "Cancel" option on the Mecway gui, it will not recover the data for the unfinished run (and still CCX keep running in background).

So, can be added an option on the gui to kill CCX?

On the other side, in this cases with too many iterations, I have the message "too many lines, data truncated" (or something like that) on the CCX Output window... can be this lines number increased in some way?

Regards!

Comments

• By the way... is there a way to prevent CCX to make such quantity of iterations?
  • I agree about keeping incomplete solutions. The internal solver already does that and I hope to add it for CCX too.

If you're starting CCX with a batch file, the cancel button won't end the process but if you're using ccx.exe directly then it should do.

The INC parameter of the *STEP keyword might help if it's also doing too many increments as well as iterations.

I'm aware of the truncated output problem and will try to fix that. Thanks for pointing it out.
  • That's my problem, after seeing lot of errors running ccx directly from the executable I take the advice from Jeff B. and switch to the batch file.