Circle selection tool - Selection of element faces within a cylindrical hole

Victor,
I really appreciating the paint selection tool, a great labour saving device.
I've recently been selecting the element faces within many holes (to make bonded contacts) and would like to use the circle selection tool when the hole axis is normal to the screen, in the way that I can for selecting a cylinder of nodes. In this orientation the element faces are not visible as they are at 90deg to the screen, but the circle selection tool is capturing the whole face within the circle. I appreciate that the element face selection is probably formulated based upon the visible faces and this usage may be a departure from that.
Is there another method of selecting cylindrical collections of element faces without several model rotations (I'm working on a large model with regards to element numbers).
Tim

Comments

• Guess that you can leave only the nodes on screen, then make a circular selection to select all the nodes of the cilindrical surface of the hole(s). Then with nodes selected you can switch to select faces mode and the selecetion should be converted to a face selection.
  • Hi Sergio,
    I had tried node selection to face mode transfer and concluded that the expansion doesn't work in that direction; I should try that again, I must have made a mistake in the process.
    Thank you
  • Tim, you can make named selections of faces in the geometry, and use it for the bonded contact.