5 BETA

(Apologies for not posting on the correct thread: as soon as I click into the 5 BETA thread I appear no longer signed in and so unable to comment, once I click out of the thread, signed in again...?)

With the BETA the toolbar icons are very small compared to Mec4 (see attached). Also selection mode icons, triad and tree icons (tree text is fine). This has been an issue with several programs with my current setup: (laptop running Win10 64 bit, 4k screen, full HD external monitor, NVIDIA GT 750M graphics processor). With Gimp GNU graphics program I was able to edit a text file (GTKRC... or something), and increasing some numbers gave me OK results with a few exceptions. With other programs my only workaround has been to use the Windows magnifier.

I'm sure this will be fixable as Mec4 is fine.

Cheers,

D

Comments

• But the nodes that scale with zoom are great.
  • How about a permanent 'Open cracks' button in the viewing area, that toggles to the 'Exit open cracks button' when pressed?
  • That's no good. Could you please tell me the DPI settings of your monitors ( http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5990-dpi-scaling-level-displays-change-windows-10-a.html ) and if the problem depends on which monitor Mecway starts on, and which one it's currently on?

In general for these scaling problems, you can usually disable/enable scaling per application. Right click the application's icon and go to Properties then the Compatibility tab then Disable display scaling on high DPI settings.
  • Hi Victor, Thanks for looking at this.

The laptop screen has 4k resolution (3840 x 2160) and scaling set to 225%.
    The external monitor has 1920 x 1200 and scaling at 100%.
    Both show the icons too small, but text etc. is fine.

I tried disabling scaling, and on the laptop screen the icons are still a bit small, but legible (because of the high resolution), but on the external monitor the icons were OK, but everything else was freakishly large. I attach two images to show this; in each, the equivalent view in Mecway 4 is shown on the right for comparison. (Unable to upload images, I'll email them to you)

It seems to make no difference which monitor I start on, and the window takes on the look described above for each monitor as it is manually moved between the two.