Siemens closes OpenRadioss

Hey

I just read the news on thpe article linked below, that Siemens has closed OpenRadioss.
Did anyone here have the foresight to download their source code and everything from the Github before they deleted it?
I did not.


https://www.phoronix.com/news/Siemens-Ends-OpenRadioss

Comments

  • edited October 2
    I've found one fork and have downloaded that.
    https://github.com/lucyants/OpenRadioss
  • That's a pity.

    Version 20260120 with source and Windows binaries is here https://mecway.com/download/

    I've also downloaded 20260728 (July this year) and will try to make that available soon.
  • I've also got a fork and also the exe build stored on my google drive if anyone ever needs it
  • Okay, that's nice. It sounds like there's no danger of suddenly loosing the capabilities we were just so recently given. :smile:
  • Much like LIGGGHTS, I think OpenRadioss will live forever on GitHub. Siemens are going to loose the battle, at the end of the day even if they develop Radioss into a Celestial level software, the varients will probably cover 99.99% of engineering applications we need it for.
  • I worked at a software company for many years. We never had a board meeting that started with "how can we give the customer better product and service for less money?".
    Early in the lifecycle of the big box software, they had founders who had passion for their product. John Swanson, developer of ANSYS, used to visit our facility to ask what he could improve. He sold in the 90's, and I lost my ability to call the developers in Pennsylvania, and when they went public it turned into primarily a sales organization.
    When I found Victor and Guido, I felt like I had gone back in time and found another John Swanson :)
  • edited October 2
    :(
  • I've put a July stable release here https://mecway.com/download/

    Here's an effort to maintain it as open source: https://opencourant.org/
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!