slowing effect while showing results

I everyone I'm facing some trouble with a large model (maybe lot of nodes and loadings).
Mecway is slowing when you move / rotate the model.
The only way I found to fix the problem is to shut down the numbering option for loadings and boundaries.
Maybe it can be fixed with some options?

Regards.

Comments

• If the problem is during postprocessing, you can go to Menu/Options/ and decrease the Resolution to make it more agile.
  • As well as contour plot resolution, these are some options that can speed up:

- Choose banded in Options -> Contour plot
    - Turn down Graphics detail during navigation in Options -> General
    - Turn off View -> Show model edges
    - Turn off View -> Show element surfaces
    - Navigate using the mouse or spacemouse, not the keyboard which doesn't make sue of reducing detail.

Your model doesn't look too big. I wonder if you could share the liml file to see if something else is going on.
  • I have run into this as well. Perhaps some sort of changing of the resolution settings where the resolution is lower when moving/rotating, and increasing resolution again when not or when slower motion.
  • That's what the "Graphics detail during navigation" setting does for things like load and constraint symbols, selected faces, and thick model edges. Contour plot resolution shouldn't be an issue during navigation because it's not regenerated then, which is the slow part.
  • edited April 12
    I have also notice that recently.
    Seems like the way the BC are set up affects how fast they later move.
    I base my comment on a recent inp file shared in the ccx forum.
    When the BC is applied to each node separately the graphics slow down up to the point they can freeze MECWAY.
    If common BC are grouped into a set everything becomes much more responsive.
  • thanks a lot here's the model (as asked by Victor)
  • Oh, that's an unusually high number of separate loads (thousands). Mecway's not designed well for such fine grained detail. As @disla said, it slows down the display. I hope to improve this in future though.

It looks like a lot of items can consolidated into one which would speed it up a lot. For example, all the flexible joint on beam's seem to be identical and suppressed in the same configuration (cas_2 to cas_32) so they could be a single one. Many of the line pressures seem to cover multiple sections with identical values and configurations too.

I guess you generated the model with other software so it's convenient to make everything separate like that?
  • @Victor When I occationally do Topology optimization using the BESO Python code, it changes the loads as applied in Mecway to being individual nodal loads so when the resulting file is loaded back into Mecway for visualization, it will have those many thousands of individual loads and displacement constraints.
    Not your fault as I guess it should be fixed in the BESO code so it stays as one load applied to a group of nodes but I just want to make you aware of that one use that results in that large amount of loads.
  • Yea, it could use a tool to combine them when they're equivalent.
  • @Victor, yes you guess it right, I actually use scripting (VBA6, and Python + xl librairies) in order to automate pre processing (geometries, loading, loadcases) it's unaccurate for loading and it don't take into account hinges releases (i'm not a good developper at all). If there's some MW user's which are interested by tool design in order to speedup the model creation we can share our work in order to improve it. I personnaly think that the best way to create model is to go to a table form which make it easier. Victor is this something that can be done for the future version of Mecway?
    Regards