Nonlinear Static 3D with Beam Elements

I am not very experienced in using MECWAY. So far I only ran simple cases with frameworks of beams using the internal solver. Now I tried to run a simple model with beams and springs using nonlinear static 3d analysis. Custom element type for line 3 elements was chosen B32R. The simulation runs without errors but stops after 1 iteration without an error. But nothing can be diplayed in the solution.
The model is pretty simple. Due to the springs the deflections can be large and the bending loads are changing considerably in the deflected model.

Comments

• Hello hechtle

The circles at the ends of the springs represent ball-joint type connections so there's a node that's not properly constrained and free to move laterally which will likely cause the solver to fail.

You should use a single spring element with the combined stiffness of the two springs.

Alternatively, you might use the collinearity MPC (*MPC with STRAIGHT) but you have write the card(s) manually and there could be problems sharing nodes with beams.