Forced Convection

how to solve an internal 2D problem of known velocity field? Can the flow field and thermal field be solved concurrently?

Comments

• Forced convection ......Wasn't this what was introduced in v19?
    It should work with shells too ¿right?

https://mecway.com/forum/discussion/comment/6917#Comment_6917
  • @disla the Mecway example is using the CCX thermal pipe elements. The input for these (as I use them) is the mass flow and capacitance while the surface they are connected to has a user-specified heat transfer coefficient. The usefulness of this method is that the bulk temperature of the fluid is calculated on the fly as the fluid passes through the passage. It is not calculating the heat transfer coefficient. The variation in heat flux will solely be due to the change in bulk fluid temperature. Very effective for pipe flows, or other geometries where the surface heat transfer coefficients are well understood.

• Is Shech asking for a CFD?."Internal 2D problem". I don't understand well the question.

"Flow field" and thermal field can be transient with pipe element if that what is asked for.

• The flow is between infinitely long plates perpendicular to the plane of the screen. There is an obstacle on the face containing the flow on the bottom plate. The inlet is uniform velocity. I have solved the velocity field problem and I am interested to compute the temperature field in the flow in response to power input at the plates without the use of heat transfer coefficient.

Thanks.