Reactions in 3D non-linear static/dynamic analysis

Hi,

I've been using the CCX solver to conduct an analysis of a 3D component subject to a time varying load. Whilst this produces the displacements it is not possible to produce the reactions. Is there any way of doing this as I note it says this is not supported by the solver?

Many thanks

Bob

Comments

• With the CCX solver, you have to use external force instead of reaction force, and it includes applied forces.

For nonlinear dynamic, even external force isn't available in the list. This might be because it's incorrect in some way. I'm not sure. You can force it to generate external forces by adding
    *NODE FILE
    RF

to CCX -> custom step contents.
  • Hi Victor,

thank you for the advice. I've applied the NODE FILE and it is just what I was looking for.

Leading on from this I would like to add structural damping. Having looked at the CCX manual I note this can be done using the *DAMPING, STRUCTURAL keywords. I'd rather use this than the Rayleigh Damping. I have done this using the CCX Custom Model Definition in the Mecway 'tree' however this doesn't seem to do anything. Is it possible to use the structural damping with Mecway or can you only use Rayleigh Damping as a constraint? The input file that was generated is attached.

Any guidance much appreciated.

Kind regards

Bob
  • Structural damping is only for steady state dynamics (frequency domain) according to the CCX manual.

In case you want to use steady state dynamics, it kind of is possible but a lot more work. Some people have described how on this forum.