Version 22

edited October 2023
Mecway 22 is now available at the link below. As usual, it's a free update for all existing license holders, and includes the Spanish language manual translated by Germán Bresciano.

https://mecway.com/download

Changes

GUI
Contact, bonded contact, and thermal contact conductance are combined into the same type of constraint so you can switch between them more easily.
Contact faces are displayed more clearly as partially transparent colored surfaces.
Save views (orientation, zoom, pan).
Revolve works on nodes to create line3 elements.
Tables are named.
Table’s "Write to csv file after solving" can include <c> to insert configuration name and <t> to insert table name in the file path.
Geometry context menu in the graphics are has all the same options as the one in the outline tree.
Can change the path to a STEP file even when it's not missing.
Wireframe selected line elements are a uniform thickness instead of shorter ones being thinner.
New instances of Save after solve/export matrices have a default filename.
Brackets allowed in field variable and formula names.

Solvers
Tangential stiffness per unit area input for elastic bonded contact.
Bonded contact with constraint equations (default) enabled for nonlinear analysis for small displacements.
Solution shows which nodes are connected with constraint equations and elastic contact in some cases. Contact state field variable.
All the beam section shapes are available for truss elements in all 3D analysis types with both solvers.
Updated CCX from v2.19 to 2.20
External forces and moments on the reference nodes of node-surface coupling are written to the .dat file on solving.
Fixed support can be applied to the reference node of node-surface coupling.
Autosave for CCX solver as well as internal.
Thermal transient with CCX allows initial temperatures on the same nodes as time dependent temperatures if they’re equal at t=0.
Conflicting temperature errors with CCX show the conflicting temperature values.
Removed Modal Vibration 2D analysis type. Converts to 3D + Z constraints when opening old files.
Compatible with CCX 2.21's changes in unspecified temperatures for thermal stress and contact stress and contact displacement field variables.

API
New functions: mw.automesh_2d(), mw.automesh_3d(), mw.set_nodes().

Bug fixes
Bug 42. Displacement constraints on shells with CCX.
“zero coefficient on the dependent side of an equation” for rectangular beams with 2 and sometimes 3 rotational DOFs constrained in CCX.
Surface refinement with Gmsh and small maximum element size would hang for a long time before starting Gmsh.
Others

Comments

• Cool! Congratulations on the new release. :)
  • Thank you Victor. Lots of new thinghs. :)
  • The "Save view" is a relly nice addition, thanks for this update @Victor!
  • I see some that I asked for, I like others I didn't, thanks for the updates!
  • In the next version something should be said about this feature, because nobody will gess that.
    Table’s "Write to csv file after solving" can include to insert configuration name and to insert table name in the file path.
  • @German you're right. There's a pop-up tooltip saying it but it's easy to not realize that's there. I'll add something.
  • Thank you for the new version. The STEP file path feature is much appreciated.
  • edited October 2023
    Hi Victor,

I’m in love with those integrals added to the Solution tree. One can track Position of the center of mass, overall Kinetic and Potential energy balance,...
    I think we could even compute the probability of failure for brittle materials (Weilbull integral)

¿Could it be possible to add a name to them?
    ¿Could it be possible to do the punctual evaluation as default instead of adding the full Period evaluation to the Solution tree as the default?
    They are really useful but can be very heavy if one just wants a punctual evaluation.