Version 21.0

Mecway 21.0 is now available at the link below. As usual, it's a free update for all existing license holders, and includes the Spanish language manual translated by Germán Bresciano.

https://mecway.com/download

Changes
Stress linearization shows stress components in SCL coordinates and is generally improved.
New API functions refine_x2(), refine_x3(), refine_custom(), unrefine_x2(), smooth()
Can open Tetgen .mesh files.
Internal solver can use more memory to solve bigger models and reduce out-of-core use.
Named selections are sorted alphabetically in the dropdown boxes in load and constraint dialog boxes.
Named selection dropdown boxes in contact/bonded contact/node-surface coupling/forced convection dialog boxes are wider.
Bugfix for Bug 41 stress linearization with "Ignore through-thickness bending stress".
Other bug fixes.

Comments

• The API function mw.refine_x3(node_ids) accepts only node list?, no elements or faces lists?
  • @German Yes. I'm trying to keep the functions minimal. Internally, it only uses nodes. You can get nodes from an element using mw.nodes() or from a face using mw.face_nodes().
  • Started playing with this yesterday. Internal solver is very fast. The CCX provided is not as it seems to single thread. Not your problem, but I also Looked at Calculix 4win2.21 and have difficulty with getting the appropriate MKL dlls for the dynamic paradiso. One API does not have the ones needed and is being very fussy even dealing with an AMD machine.
  • I got ccx_dynamic.exe 2.21 from dhondt.de to work by including all dlls from OneAPI 2023.0.0 from these two locations:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\oneAPI\mkl\2023.0.0\redist\intel64
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\oneAPI\compiler\2023.0.0\windows\redist\intel64_win\compiler

Without the 2nd one, it crashes with no error message. libiomp5md.dll seems to be the essential file.
  • I am running ccx_dynamic.exe (2.21_4)
    having the following dll's in the same folder as ccx_dynamics.exe

libiomp5md.dll,
    mkl_avx2.2.dll,
    mkl_avx512.2.dll,
    mkl_core.2.dll,
    mkl_intel_thread.2.dll, and
    mkl_rt.2.dll.
  • That location no longer works for accessing those DLLs, and the later fersion from 2023.1 or 2023.2 don't work for downloading, at least with a computer with an AMD processor. Older dlls work with other compiles. I have yet to try downloading from a computer with an intel processor.