How to find lcation of the maximum stress level in a model

I ran a non-linear static analysis successfully and I'm interested in locating the maximum stress level in the model. The predicted maximum stress value is represented by the red color on top of the legend which is 221.5 MPa as seen on the attached screenshot. I have rotated the part and zoomed in to locate the location but still I'm unable to find the location. Any ideas how to find the max stress location? TIA.

Comments

• Hi, you must go to Menu/Solution/Find Max Min. If you don´t have nodes selected will be the global max/min, in case you made a selection of nodes, then will be related to those nodes. Regards
  • edited July 2023
    Try a click in clear-space, then Solution/ Find max/min. If the tracer lines are below the object surface, try deselecting the Show Element Surfaces. (Might also have to view internally with the Cutting Plane slider bar.) Verify its value by picking the traced node while the Non-Linear time slider is in maximum position.

Another locating hint is to "black-out" the max/min by dragging the slider on the left of the colored contour bar. (Remember to reset these sliders to their extreme positions.)
  • I have several components in the model and recommendations given by Sergio and cwharpe shows max on different part rather the one shown here. Sliding option is not showing either
  • For several components, Sergio's suggestion should work if you only select the nodes of interest -- that is, Hide all other Components under the Solution tree, then highlight only the part of interest before Finding Max/Min. If you don't select/highlight (the same as if you de-selected by clicking in clear-space), then your result will still default to the global max/min, hence the tracer line to and reference value of a hidden part. No?
  • Thanks for the support!