Meshing Fails Because of Change of Directory

Hi,

I have moved my .liml and all related step files to different directory and now I’m unable to generate a mesh. Under Geometry tree all step files are in red and I get the following error when I try to mesh a part. Can someone help please. Thanks

“Meshing failed. Make a surface mesh to identify problem areas. Remove fine details, intersecting surfaces, non-manifold geometry, etc.”

Comments

• Figured it out. Right click on the step file and change file location or path
  • if you use a text editor to open the liml, you can remove any paths and leave the file as simply "shaft.stp", which will look in just the local directory.
  • @JohnM interesting. I wonder if @Victor could make that the default behavior. Then if you wanted the file to be located in a different folder, use the in program dialogue. One thing that has always frustrated me with changing the step locations is it's so goofy. It doesn't work like normal windows does. You have to paste in the entire path when you want it to be located somewhere. The normal windows file explorer popup would be much nicer.
  • If the .step file is at the same or lower level in the directory tree as the .liml file, then Mecway only stores the relative path so you can move or copy the whole structure to somewhere else without altering anything.

If it's anywhere else, like in a sibling or parent directory, it stores the absolute path and you'll need to redefine it after moving. I know this is a bit unexpected but it's harder to code and not enough people complained ;)