Beam elements creation with rotation around an axis

I have here an example how I want to create beam elements sometimes.
Let's say that a few of beam elements already exist and I want to rotate all of them and copy them around an axis. I would like to set a subdivision number and an angle of rotation. Similar as it is with shell elements and Revolve mesh function. But there you get 3D elements in the end.
Check two attached screenshots for more clear information.

Comments

• Hi JRP,

Revolve/Extrude is reserved to increase the dimension of the object.

You can use multiple rotations with the copy box active. (Keep pressing the button).

There are two things you need to be careful when doing this.

-The axis of beams rotates too, and you will have to fix it in the element properties to realign.

-Some repetitive operations may duplicate the elements / nodes number. This can be fixed easy merging nodes and erasing duplicated elements.

• JRPJRP
    edited March 2023
    Thanks, disla, but I already found out that one by pressing the button multiple times :)
    I was thinking more of a script that would help me do this, but for now, it is solved. I usually use these types of elements structures as dummy elements, so axis rotation doesn't bother me that much.
    I have a script for spider elements that creates beam elements from the center node to all the nodes on edge of the hole, so I thought that this could be done. I was already browsing through the library for api, but didn't find anything useful for now.
  • edited March 2023
    Yep, MECWAY typically offers some workarounds.
    Just be careful to check you have don't duplicate elements or the stiffness would not be balanced.

@Victor.
    Maybe this could be addressed. It happens when multiple rotation +copy are applied to beams and one had selected the face of the beam instead of the beam element itself.