Problem with shear force over plate elements

I'm trying to model a slab subjected to distributed loads but I can't figure out how to extract the shear force per unit length over plate elements. In the results, I get the bending moment per unit length while the shear force is equal to zero.
Please have a look to the attached file.

Thanks and regards,
Andrea

Comments

• edited January 2023
    Hi,

First to say is that I would define the same orientation card for all your model to be sure you extract the same component for all the elements.

The last three components of the “stress in element coordinates” and “force per length” refers to shear.
    UV is the membrane and WU and VW are the other two in the orthogonal planes.

As you know, WU and VW components must be zero at the free surface. You will notice that WU and VW in your shells are non zero and constant, and it maybe will puzzle you.

That's because shells in ccx and internal solver apply first order shear deformation theory.
    If you want to capture shear accurately you need to model with solid elements and a minimum of three to four elements per thickness.

• Unfortunately I can't see WW, UW, VW components. Should I activate something to get those components?

• edited January 2023
    OOh. That's weird. ¿Are you using Mecway 18?

At "stress in element coordinates" neither?
  • Actually I wans't. I have just updated my version and now I can see the other components.