Issue with CalculiX general beam section

Hi everyone,
First of all I just want to appreciate the effort of developing such a simple but functional software, it was a nice surprise to discover MecWay.
I also started learning about CalculiX and gmsh a few weeks ago, so I hope my question is not too trivial.

The problem I'm facing concerns the import of the attached CalculiX input file in MecWay, it looks like it's not able to read the beam element.
As far as I could understand up to now, MecWay allows the definition of a general beam section only with the internal solver, but not with CalculiX, is that correct? Nevertheless in CalculiX reference manual I see that there is the option of defining a general beam section (the attached file is actually coming from CalculiX website as an example).

The reason why I'm interested is because I'm working on a small project where I need to use both a beam with general section and a solid with plastic material, and, for what I can see from MecWay interface, each solver lacks one of the two things.
Is there currently a way to have both features at the same time?

Thanks for your attention
Pier

Comments

• Hello Pier. Here's a Mecway file to generate an equivalent .inp file. I've defined the unsupported features by hand in the CCX branch of the outline tree.
  • Thank you Victor, this helped me a lot because now I'm aware of the features 'cutom model definition' and 'custom element type' that I didn't know before. I'll work on it

In your file however, even though the simulation runs and I can see the displacement of node 2, I have an issue with the visualization of the beam element in the solution, is that normal? I think that I enabled the visualization of everything.
  • I saw that too. For some reason, the element isn't present in the .frd file. Maybe user elements disappear like that? Not sure but I think it's a CCX issue.
  • Okay, maybe I'll try to read the output files also with other post processors and I'll let you know if something interesting comes out.
    I'm already happy to have a running model :)
    Thanks for your time