Improving performance of CCX solver

I am compiling out of core module but am struggling at the last step, with below message.
see attached image

Comments

• This is for Mecway 18: i am trying below

4)** Compile CCX with MKL and a patch to enable Out-Of-Core (OOC) mode. The source code with step-by-step instructions is in ccx_win64_mkl_pardiso_source_2.19.zip in Mecway's install location. After compiling, set it in Mecway through Tools -> Options -> CalculiX -> Solver.
  • This are the detailed instructions contained in the installation folder of MECWAY.

In my case C:\Program Files\Mecway\Mecway17\ccxMecway/ccx/ccx_win64_mkl_pardiso_source_2.19.zip file

-Instructions for building the following on Windows:
    64 bit CCX with SPOOLES single-threaded
    64 bit CCX with MKL PARDISO multi-threaded and with Out-Of-Core mode available

1) Install MSYS2 64-bit
    From https://www.msys2.org/

2) Update MSYS2
    Open "MSYS2 MSYS" shell and enter this command
    pacman -Syu
    Open "MSYS2 MSYS" shell again and enter this command
    pacman -Sy

3) Extract this archive's ccx folder to msys64/home// so that the paths are msys64/home//ccx/src/...

4) Install tools and compile

Open "MSYS2 MSYS" shell again and enter these commands
    pacman -S mingw-w64-x86_64-gcc
    pacman -S mingw-w64-x86_64-gcc-libgfortran
    pacman -S mingw-w64-x86_64-gcc-fortran
    pacman -S msys/make
    pacman -S msys/perl
    cd ~/ccx/src
    ./build.sh

5) Find the compiled ccx.exe, ccx_MKL.exe, and their dlls in

msys64/home//ccx/src/x64/install

I'm completely newby compiling programs and it worked following carefully the instructions. I have WIN10Pro and installed from the v.16 Mecway folder.
    ¿Did you execute MSYS2 with admin rights?
    You laptop name seems very large and has some spaces ¿isn't it?. ¿Maybe that's a problem?.
  • Regarding point 3 ¿did you Extract (Unzip) the ccx folder or just copy paste?
    You need to unzip.

In my case it looks like this:

Check those files "cannot stat" thye are where they should
  • Thanks disla for your help. Yes , i extracted those to the relevant folder and they are there, as below.
  • no luck so far. same error.
  • edited November 2022
    This error

"cp: cannot stat [...] ccx_2.19': No such file or directory"

or

"cp: cannot stat [...] ccx_2.19_MKL': No such file or directory"

means the final binary failed to be built. Look in x64/buildlog.txt and you should find error messages at the end of the file buried among all the warnings and other messages.

I think it's because your home directory has spaces in its name. That's a known problem and I haven't been able to get the build script and makefiles to work properly with spaces. Please rename it. Sorry for not making this clearer.
  • Many Thanks Victor, removing spaces from the username sorted the issue. Much appreciated.