Error: Problem opening temporary files

Hi guys,

Anyone seen this before? Probably Victor has;)

00:00 Start 09:25:17 .
00:16 Allocating matrix
07:04 Assembling matrix
16:01 Applying loads
16:01 Applying constraints
11:44:13 Solving matrix
11:47:25 Error: Problem opening temporary files
11:47:25 Failed

This model did calculate before but after material change I got this error twice.

Comments

• If the model is big enough, it switches to out-of-core mode which uses temporary files. They're put in a folder that Mecway creates when it starts and deletes it when it exits. It's located in %temp% and named like MecwayInstance######### where # are random digits.

Some reasons I can think of for it failing:
    • Something else (disk cleanup perhaps?) deleted that folder while it was running.
    • Out of disk space. As a rough guide, 1 million nodes needs about 100 GB of space.
  • Thanks Victor.

I have about 550 GB free space on the system drive so if the folder gets created in there it shoulds have enough space for 4-5 milion nodes - my model has 2,5 milion nodes and it solved before with different material.

I rerun the model with lower Young Modulus (was 25000 MPa changed to 2500MPa) and it got solved. BUt maybe it was a coincindence with a background process that happened last time and prevented from reading the Temp Folder.

Is there a way to move the directory of the Temp Folder to another partition?
  • Here are details on how to change the temporary folder's location: https://mecway.com/forum/discussion/comment/1455/#Comment_1455