Maximum principal plastic strain

Hi,

¿Is there a way to compute the maximum principal plastic strain with a formula or maybe to split the principal strains into its plastic and elastic components?
¿How does MECWAY compute the “equivalent plastic strain (PEEQ)”. I have seen the formula (picture) involve the individual plastic strain components, but I can’t find them.

Thanks

Comments

• CCX doesn't seem to output the plastic strain components.

Equivalent plastic strain is defined in the manual as

where ϵ^p is the plastic strain tensor. I don't know what the || || means and if that ends up the same as your formula or not.
  • edited September 2022
    Hi Victor and thanks for your response.

I have been able to find the plastic strain tensor with the help of the Calculix forum people. It is inside the SDV internal variables.
    I would like to do some operations with those components, and I find a minor issue.

MECWAY is not loading all the 13 SDV variables. It only loads up to 6. I need the first 7.(In fact from 2 to 7)

SDV1 equivalent plastic strain
    SDV2-7 . For small deformations, the resulting tensor coincides with the infinitesimal plastic strain tensor ep (6)

¿Is that something that could be fixed?

By other hand, those new loaded variables do not show available for custom formulas. ¿Is this something that could be enabled in the future?

Regards

• Good stuff. I'll see about getting it to read all the values.

Usually these extra variables aren't available in formulas, but you can access them from a script which can also generate a new solution variable similar to what a formula does.