Two concentrated loads/fluxes different amplitudes.

Hi,

I’m receiving an error in Nonlinear analysis but I’m not sure why.

*ERROR in forcadd: it is not allowed to define two concentrated loads/fluxes different amplitudes in one step node: 2 dof: 1

My loads are entered as a table, and I have tried to apply the loads sequentially, simultaneously and in one and two separate loads. ¿Is there any workaround to solve this?.

I do not remember to experiene this limitation before. I’m trying to check why is this not working using one of my old files but it doesn’t work now with v16.

The file was posted on https://mecway.com/forum/discussion/1102/radial-stiffness-of-precalibrated-bushings-woehler-curve-w-n-curve.

PreCalibrated Bushings REV1.liml

Comments

• Just wanted to add that the problem solves without any issue in Static.
  • I'm having trouble reproducing it. I'm using PreCalibrated Bushings REV1.liml which doesn't solve for me in v16 with the CCX 2.19 or 2.20 but also doesn't show that error message, even if I add another table to one of the forces.

Could you please post the .liml and .inp files?

• Oh, I see why the old file fails in Mecway 16. Version 16 applies shell edge forces in a more accurate way that includes moments that account for the geometry change due to the curvature. It looks like CCX has trouble with these moments in this case.

A workaround is to change the two forces on the shell edges to be on the nodes instead. It should be pretty close to the same thing since these are linear elements. Then it does solve.
  • edited September 2022
    mmmh, . My file also has some moment involved.