CCX 2.20 is out

New CCX 2.20 has a nice feature- set it up for Pastix, and it will auto-switch to Pardiso for modal analysis.
The pre-compiled version ran my internal benchmark around 7% faster than 2.19, and it looks like Guido has improved the explicit dynamics run times as well. There are other improvements to gas pipe networks, as well as mods to the coupling methods.

Comments

• edited August 2022
    i would beware of how you compare pastix to pardiso. people are reporting with pastix mixed precision turned on, it gives wrong results sometimes. if you do an apples to apples comparison, using double precision, pastix was slower for me. it was also sometimes slower with mixed precision on. pastix also uses a lot more compute than pardiso. overall, i was not impressed at all, and use pardiso for everything. if you do gpu compute, obviously, you would need to use pastix. otherwise, i don't think it's as great as they are making it out to be.
  • ¿Is it still possible to switch between Paradiso and Pastix?
    I experienced issues with mixed precision and nonlinear analysis too.
    I compiled the MKL Pardiso with out of core provided within the ccx folder in the last Mecway distribution and I don't think I will change in some time.
    Easy step by step instructions, fast and I was able to run a 1.45 M nodes model with just 16 Gb.
  • @prop_design, I'll keep you concerns in mind. I am finding that it is running faster, and also in cases where the older Pastix crashed, the 2.20 version ran. I can always override by using Mecway Modify Keyword on the *STATIC command, but so far so good!
  • @disla i haven't tried the new version yet, so i can't answer your question. i would doubt that the option to select the solver type has been removed though. i don't think i'm going to bother upgrading the solver either. there doesn't seem to be a reason, for my use anyway.