GMSH Export - Physical Groups

I noticed Mecway has a .msh file export option - I wonder if it was possible to add named selection faces as physical groups as part of the export? That would allow me to do all my preprocessing for OpenFOAM in Mecway which is much nicer than the Gmsh interface.

Eg. add inlet and outlet faces as physical groups on the .msh export file.

Of course this isn't core Mecway functionality so very understandable if you wouldn't add this but would be a really nice convenience feature.

Comments

• There are some very well explained tutorials in Youtube on how to prepare the models for OpenFoam in Mecway. They export the initial model as STL and then the mesh is created with OpenFoam with some available to download windows scripts.

• edited July 2022
    Thank you Sergio, let me have a go at it. Out of curiosity do you know what the mecway2stl script does/how it functions? Is the STL triangle data actually already saved as part of the LIML file and it just needs to be extracted? Or is it generating an STL from Mecway's hex elements for example if I build a hex mesh.
  • Have used very little, but they are not complex to understand if you open with a text editor. I will make a new approach to OpenFoam.