Deformation Scale Not Locking in Modal Animation

I have a model that I have done a modal vibration 3D simulation on. When I animate it the scaling factor varies wildly throughout the animation. I checked the lock scaling factor box, but the scaling factor continues to vary wildly when I animate it. Is the amplitude of the oscillation being scaled differently at each step as the scaling factor would indicate? A video is attached which shows the varying scaling factor in the lower left.

Comments

• That number is showing the instantaneous scale factor. I'm not sure why since it's kind of unreadable. The maximum should still be what you set.
  • it's hard to tell exactly, but it looks like it is just varying from +/-. I would imagine the absolute value of the deformation would be the same number. I looked at one of my old models and it does something similar to what you show. Usually, I can't use the animate function at all, because it's too slow and choppy. I never looked at the scale factor changing. However, it seems sensible to me. It's changing the scale factor to create the animation effect.